Animalcare are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We do not use personal identifiable information such as names, telephone numbers, or emails in principle, unless the processing of personal information is supported by your consent, a legitimate interest or legal obligation.
This policy explains our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is processed at Animalcare.
The information we collect
You may give us information about yourself by:
- submitting information to us via our website or through your use of our website
- submitting information via our discussion boards or social media channels (e.g. Facebook; Twitter)
- giving personal details to Animalcare personnel g. sales, management
- participating in competitions, promotions or surveys run by us
We do not collect personally identifiable information about you – such as your name, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc. – unless you choose to provide this information to us in any form or you order products or services from us.
When you visit our website, we can automatically collect:
- technical information, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for
- information about the performance of our pages such as page response times, download errors, page interaction information
- information we receive from other sources
How we normally use information about you
The way we use information about you depends on the purpose of processing, which can include:
- Product ordering, delivery and invoicing
- Product support
- Changes to our products and/or services
- Information or service requests
- Supply of information
- Optimisation of Animalcare’s systems and processes
- Supporting availability of product and services
Only personal information relevant to each purpose is processed.
All people or companies that order products will have their contact details kept in our systems as these are required for rendering the service and/or delivering the goods. The retention period is based on our legal obligations and in accordance with the Company’s Personal Data Retention Policy.
We use personally identifiable information you provide to keep you informed on our products, offerings and services, to respond to your inquiry, or to process an application form you have completed on various sections of our website. You are able to opt-out of receiving our marketing or general purpose information (such as newsletters) at any time.
It may be that personal information is linked to our business relationship with your company. In this case the personal information will be handled as business information and you need, if this is the case, to provide us with generic contact details that represent your company. Due to the legal and contractual implications, we will need to have these business data before being able to stop processing the personal data.
We use non-personally identifiable information to analyse site usage (such as aggregated information on the pages visited by our users), which allows us to improve the design and content of our website.
We use your order history to improve our internal systems and processes and to improve the availability of our products and services.
Any data gathered will be shared, if appropriate and relevant to other Animalcare entities, with any of the offices of Animalcare.
Animalcare will not intentionally distribute or sell your information to anyone outside our organization without your permission to do so, except if we sell the whole or part of our business.
We will not contact you about other matters, unless you specifically request it, nor will we share, rent, or sell your personally identifiable information outside Animalcare, except where we are required to share your information for legal reasons or required to deliver it to third parties who provide services on our behalf.
Where we store your information
The information that we have from you is stored and processed within the EU boundaries by personnel engaged by us (e.g. by our employees and/or by our third party suppliers). In addition, the information that we have from you may be transferred, stored and/or processed at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) by personnel engaged by us (e.g. by our employees and/or by our third party suppliers) within the agreements and limitations of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR-EU Regulation 2016/679) and/or the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA). By submitting your information to us you agree that we may transfer, store and/or process your information as described in this section.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone as this may jeopardise the security of your information.
Collection of information by third-party sites and sponsors
Our website contains links to other sites whose information practices may be different to ours. Visitors should consult these other sites’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
- Where they are essential to make our site
- To enable the personalisation features on our site (which give you the ability to recall recently viewed pages and see information which you have input online).
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Our commitment to security
We employ security measures to prevent unauthorised access to information that we collect. In the unlikely event there is unauthorised access or unauthorised disclosure of your personal data, we will inform you as soon as possible in line with GDPR/DPA requirements.
If you have any concerns that your information is incorrect or has been disclosed, please contact us so that we can correct the data, investigate any issue and take any action necessary to prevent such issue recurring in future.
In accordance with data protection law concerning the processing of personal data you are entitled to review the personal data we hold about you, request that we correct it if necessary, object to its processing, or request deletion of your data as long as we are not obliged to retain it for legal or contractual purposes. To do this, please send an email to email@example.com.
How to contact us
We reserve the right to revise this policy in whole or in part from time to time. Please review the policy periodically for changes.