THE IMPORTANCE OF SUPPORTING THE INTESTINAL MICROBIOME OF PUPPIES
Set them up for life
Intestinal microbiome disturbance (‘new puppy diarrhoea’) is common
The intestinal microbiome has a strong influence on neurodevelopment – hugely important at a time when puppies are learning new skills, as well as social and behavioural boundaries. 2,3
The immune education ‘window of opportunity’
Early colonisation of the gut coincides with a potentially time-limited period when the immune system is permissive to microbial instruction – i.e. there is a window of opportunity for immune education to occur, influencing resistance or susceptibility to disease later in life. 1,3
Early environmental exposure = adult microbiome composition
The environmental and microbial exposure and assaults experienced in early life influences the composition of the microbial population of the adult microbiome 1,2. It has been shown that adult dogs with ‘sensitive’ guts have lower numbers of Lactobacillus bacteria in their commensal microbiome population. 4
Micriobiome disturbance un early life and adult disease
Human studies demonstrate a strong link between disturbance to the intestinal microbiome in early life, and increased risk of diseases later in life, including respiratory, GI and metabolic disorders. 1,2
With interest growing in the role of a healthy microbiome in sustaining overall health, Animalcare are offering veterinary practices the chance to get their hands on a free pot of Procanicare®.
Claim your free Procanicare® pot now, simply complete your details below:
Offer terms and conditions:
- Free product will either be a 30g or a 60g pot of Procanicare®.
- Animalcare Territory Sales Manager will contact you to process your free product request.
- No purchase required.
- You must work for a veterinary practice which is registered with a UK veterinary wholesaler.
- Offer can only be claimed once per veterinary practice.
- UK veterinary practices only.
- Animalcare reserve the right to withdraw the offer at any time.
- Promotion valid until 30th April 2021
- You must be aged 18 or over.
1 Gómez-Gallego C, Junnila J, Männikkö S, et al. A canine-specific probiotic product in treating acute or intermittent diarrhoea in dogs: a double-blind placebo-controlled efficacy study. Vet Microbiol. 2016;197:122–128.